Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 9 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving



As most of you know, I suffered from some pretty serious post-partum depression after I had the Sharkbaby. My dear, wonderful best friend, Ally, came down to see me and meet the baby shortly after we came home. I didn't have to say anything to her about how things were going, she was just able to pick up on how I was feeling and sent me this:

it sucked and then i cried

I'll admit, while I was happy for a book to show up on my porch, I didn't want to read it. I felt like there was no possible way it could help me feel better. But I read. I read because I needed to escape what had become my new reality. I read to keep my sanity.
And once I started reading Heather's story, I couldn't stop. Everything she was saying was written to me. The struggles she experienced were my own.
So I read this book, and I realized that sometimes life does suck. And sometimes we do just need to cry.
But it will all be ok.

P.S.- Thanks for the book, Ally. I'm not sure if I ever told you how much I appreciated the thought. Love you!
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails