Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 17: Favorite quote from a book

This may have been the first one that wasn't a struggle for me. When I saw today's topic I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. The following quote comes from "The Beyonder's" by Brandon Mull:



“So many misconceptions surround the notion of heroism. Far too many categorize a hero as a champion on the battlefield, a commander of legions, a master of rare talent or ability. Granted, there have been heroes who fit those descriptions. But many men of great evil as well. Heed me. A hero sacrifices for the greater good. A hero is true to his or her conscience. In short, heroism means doing the right thing regardless of the consequences. Although any person could fit that description, very few do. Choose this day to be one of them."



Since I've already written a blog post on "everyday heroism" I'll just leave it at this: Have you chosen to be a hero?






signature

1 comments:

Kasi French said...

I love this! I'm totally enjoying this month of lit that you are doing ... keep it coming :) It's lengthening my reading list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails