Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 19: Favorite movie from a book

It is incredibly rare for me to like the movie version of a story more than I like the book version. In fact, this may be the only actual case I can think of. I first saw this movie:
and loved it so much that I just HAD to read this book:


Because I thought, "Hey, if I love the movie this much, I'm bound to love the book just that much more. That's the way it always works for me." Boy, was I ever disappointed. Generally speaking, I LOVE Neil Gaiman. I find his books to be incredibly fanciful, fun, and downright funny.
After seeing the Stardust movie, I found the book to be incredibly lacking. It just didn't have to quirkiness, the sweetness, and the fun that the movie did. I found that the parts of the story that were focused on in the book weren't as entertaining to me as the parts that were focused on in the movie.
Anyway, in a nutshell, the movie is worth seeing but the book is worth skipping.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails