Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 13: Your favorite writer

You know, the hardest thing about this book challenge is having to choose favorites. Really, I have so many favorites. Most of them fall in the young adult fantasy category (Brandon Mull, Michael Scott, Rick Riordan, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, and the ever-amazing JK Rowling), but one that stands out at the moment is Sarah Addison Allen.

Ms. Allen is the authoress of 4 books: Garden Spells, The Sugar Queen, The Girl Who Chased the Moon, and The Peach Keeper.

She has a flair for the everyday magic. She has a way of sucking you into a story and making the characters feel like friends. She weaves some delicate and intricate tales.

On a personal note, I admire her as a person. She is currently fighting a battle with breast cancer. She is completing her chemo and radiation treatments right now.

So, my hat is off to you, Sarah (may I call you Sarah? I feel like we'd be friends). You are a strong and brave woman with a wonderful gift. I will continue to read your books for many years to come.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails