Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 8: Your Favorite Internet Friend

Dear People of the Internet,
There was once a point in time where I had many friends that I knew only in the online world. This is no longer the case. I think, at this point in time, that I may not have any strictly "internet" friends. I have people that I only know of through the net, but most of them have no idea who I am. I stalk blogs, read people's life stories, get to know all about them (or at least the person they portray), but for the most part they don't know I exist.

You see, my life has changed dramatically in the course of a few years. I managed to find (and keep, and marry) a good man. Together we have a beautiful son. I have a career, good friends, and a wonderfully supportive family. I have come to know and love myself. I no longer need to rely on the kindness and friendship of complete strangers. I have built myself a support system of wonderful people, people that I can go to lunch with, people that can give me an actual (and not just virtual) hug and shoulder to cry on.

I feel that as I've come to know and respect who I am as a person, I've lost the need for outside validation. I'm ok with being who I am, and I know longer need to portray myself a certain way to make "friends".

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that I couldn't possibly write a letter to my favorite internet friend, because that person doesn't exist. So, dear people of the internet, thank you for your support while I figured out who I am.
Sincerely,
Me
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails