Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 12 - Someone that caused you the most pain

Dear Self,

I'm choosing to write this letter to you, because I really have no one else to blame for the pain that has occured in my life. Any offense I have encountered has generally been because I have chosen to be offended.

Don't get me wrong, there are outside contributing factors. This boy or that hurt you. Things didn't go the way you wanted. It's always easier to blame someone else for the pains that life brings. But I can't, in good conscience, write an honest letter to someone else about my pain.

I know that we can't control other peoples' actions, but we can control our REactions. And, generally speaking, the pains I have felt in this life have been brought about in some part by my poor choices. I chose to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I chose to date the wrong person. I chose...

And so, I have no one to blame for life's trials except myself. So, self, here's to life's hardships. May we persevere through many more.

Sincerely,
Me
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails