Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 7: Your Ex-Boyfriend

Dear Collective Exes,

You are not a large group of individuals, but you were each significant in my life somehow. Once upon a time I was a bit bitter and angry about how things played out with each of you. But, once I grew up some, I finally realized what I had learned from each of you.

From you I learned how to laugh and how to cry. I learned patience, trust, and respect. I learned that, sometimes, I shouldn't wait for you. I learned that it is possible for a person's past to ruin their present. I learned that absence does not, in fact, make the heart grow fonder.

Mostly, what each of you taught me, was the importance of loving myself. You all taught me that unless I loved who I was first, no one else would love me for me. It took me a long time, a lot of mistakes, and many sleepless nights, but I made it... and each of you was a stepping stone to get me to where I am today.

So, thank you. Thank you for teaching me the things I didn't know I needed to learn. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.

Sincerely,
Me
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails