Sunday, March 14, 2010

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

A big thank you to my lovely friend Michelle for this question:

If you could have any career other than your current one, what would it be and why?

What an interesting thing to think about. When I was a child I threw around a lot of ideas of what I wanted to be. I could be a teacher like my mom, a marine biologist (I never quite realized that I'd have to move somewhere not landlocked for that one), a writer, or any other number of things. The one thing I always came back to, however was nursing. Nursing is what I was made to do.

Now that I'm an adult I wonder what other things I might be suited for. I could cut hair, run an in-home daycare, be a stay-at-home mom (I've been told that this is a full-time job, and I believe it!), do anything I want, really.

However, I think if I could be anything in the world I'd be a chef. I would love to be able to create things in the kitchen, to not have to use a recipe, to just know what flavors work well together. I wish I had the creativity to invent new things, flavors, and food combinations. It would be so amazing to have my own restaurant, or even be the head chef in a restaurant.

I love to cook, and I love to experiment, but if I could get paid for it that would be fabulous. Then, I would take that love of cooking (and the fabulous ability) and become the next food network star. I could be the next Paula Deen, Bobby Flay, or Rachel Ray.

In all reality I'm probably much more likely to end up on "Worst Cooks In America" than anything, but a girl can dream, right?
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails