Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Every Girl Needs Pearls!

Hey everyone, I'm still waiting for a few more questions to roll in, so be sure to check out my last blog post. In the meantime: here's a little project I've been working on. I've seen these around and fell in love with them, so I took a few supplies I had lying around, bought some pearls, and made myself one. (Don't worry, I'll give you step by step instructions so you can make yourself one, too.)Isn't it pretty?

The supplies:

~A piece of fishnet stocking or nylon about 1.5" x 8"
~Some pearls or beads (I used cream pearls)
~Two pieces of ribbon, whatever length you'd like.
What you do:1. Tie a knot in one end. Place a bead inside and tie a tight knot on the other side of the pearl.
2. Repeat with as many beads as you would like. I was making a short necklace so I only used 9. Double knot at the end.
3. Hot glue a piece of ribbon into the remaining stocking at each end of the beads.I didn't like the raw edges after I glued in the ribbon, so I used the leftover lace from the top of the stocking and made a flower for one side, and wrapped it around the other side. I secured both with hot glue.

The whole thing cost less than $5 and was super simple to make. I look forward to wearing it!
P.S.~I got the initial instructions for this at Get Craftin' (who is also doing a jewelry giveaway right now!).
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails