Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh What Do You Do

Another tough question from another new friend, Nature Girl:

If you had to give up something that you love to DO what would be the hardest thing? Why?

Wow, really? Definitely way to challenge me Nature Girl. There are so many things that I absolutely love. I love to cook. I love to craft. I love sewing, quilting, and creating. I love to take pictures. I love to spend time with my family. I enjoy hiking, going for walks, and just sitting outside in the sunshine. I even like to clean. It's true, I find it soothing.

But, I think the hardest thing to give up would be... experiencing new things. It's one of my favorite things to do, really. I like seeing new movies, reading new books, and discovering new bands. I like to try out new recipes, eat at new restaurants, and order something new off of an old favorite menu.

I tell Curious George all the time that I'm willing to try pretty much anything at least once. How can you ever learn what you like and what you don't like if you never experience anything new?

Think about it: if you couldn't experience anything new you'd be stuck doing the same things all the time. You'd have to watch the same movies and tv shows all the time. You'd have to read the same books over and over again (good thing I've read a lot of books, I'd be able to cycle through them for years!). You'd be stuck listening to the same music forever. And don't even think about gaining or losing weight, because you get the same clothes for your whole life.

Seriously?

BORING!

I know, I know, I cheated. I'm sure Nature Girl intended for me to pick one particular activity. But I just couldn't choose because, really:

I would be so boring (or is it bored?) without ever experiencing anything new.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails