Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 30: Favorite book of all time

Oh, wow, this is a big idea. I have to choose one favorite book? I don't know if I can actually do that. I've read hundreds, possibly thousands, of books in my lifetime. I love to read. I always have. I need books like I need food, water, and air. I've spent many nights in my life choosing to devour a good book instead of catching some much needed sleep. When the Sharkbaby was born everyone told me to sleep while he slept. I was never able to do this. Instead I sat in the rocking chair next to my sleeping baby and filled myself with a story outside of my own.
Some of my earliest memories are of reading with, and being read to by, my dad. We had an old blue rocking chair where he would read me the newspaper, Dr. Seuss' ABC's, Ira Sleeps Over, and many others. I would often choose to read a book instead of playing outside with my siblings. I would pretend I was the characters in my books. Part of me wanted to be Laura Ingles Wilder, Anne of Green Gables, or Nancy Drew.
And now? Now I love to read to my baby. My favorite time of day is when we sit in the rocking chair at bedtime and read stories. He loves The Goodnight Book; The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear; Dear Zoo; and Guess How Much I Love You.
So, you see, my love affair with books has gone on for so long that I couldn't possible choose one favorite. But if you ever need a recommendation for a book I love, you know where to find me.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails