Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 29: A book everyone hated but you liked

Ok, so technically a national bestseller can't really be a book that everyone hates. However, that being said, I've talked to a lot of people that really disliked this book.

Maybe it's the stream-of-consciousness, "Catcher in the Rye"-esque way it's told. Maybe it's the fact that it's written from the point of view of a boy with autism/Asperger's (the debate is still out on which it actually is). Really, I can't help but like this book. I like that the chapters are numbered in prime number numerical order. I like that there are pictures, charts, and diagrams. And I really enjoy the analytical look at the things the rest of us don't really think about at all.

Anyway, when all is said and done, I really liked this book, despite the poor reviews I've read.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails