Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 26: A book that changed your opinion about something

I am a woman of many opinions... many unchangeable opinions. Once I decide to hold an opinion on a matter I generally stand pretty firm. So, this wasn't so much an opinion change as it was my letting go of a stereotype. The book I chose for this topic is:

I read this book *before* it was made into a movie. I saw it on the shelf at B&N and thought, "What the hey... why not."
As a healthcare professional I tend to hold a lot of opinions, many of these centering on the mental health side of things. This book did a lot to dispel some of my opinions and believed stereotypes about psychiatric units in the hospital, and the patients they house.
If you're offended by sex, drugs, or language you might want to look elsewhere, but if you can look past those things I recommend checking this one out.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails