Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 28: Favorite title


I've been thinking about this one a lot this week. A title is what first grabs you for a book, and I've read a lot of books with great titles: Bossypants, The Scandalous Summer of Sissy LeBlanc, and many more. But the one that sticks out in my mind is:

Doesn't that just have a ring to it. It just sort of rolls out of your mouth. The book itself, on the other hand, is kind of different. It's about prostitution in Victorian era England. So, if that sort of thing offends you I wouldn't recommend it, but it is an interesting commentary on the societal norms and expectations of the era. Even if you don't want to read the book, say the title a few more times. The Crimson Petal and the White... The Crimson Petal and the White... I love it, what can I say?
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails