Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mother, I Love You!

Now that you've all met Pops, it's time to introduce you to my mom. Everyone, this is Mom:She is also known as Ma, Momma, and Mother. Any of the previous names will work... most of the time. If there are other moms in the room, the easiest way to get her attention is to actually call her name.

Anyway, I always heard women talk about how the older they got, the more like their mom they became. The older I get, the more I'm finding this to be true.

My mom has a lot of really fantastic qualities. As you can see from the picture above, she's very driven. She graduated from college with her Bachelor's Degree when I was just a toddler. She's spent the 20-something years since working as an elementary school teacher. She recently decided that she wanted to do more with herself, so she went back to school for her Master's Degree. I'm so proud of her for this.


The two pictures above are from our "girls trip" to New York. It was originally just going to be my mom, her sister, sisters in law, and my grandma. My mom thought it would be nice to invite her girls along, since we'd never seen New York City. After crunching the numbers, I wasn't going to be able to afford the trip. My mom, the kind woman that she is, offered to pay for my hotel costs to ease some of the burden.

My mom is very organized, and definitely keeps the family running. Pops affectionately refers to her as The Social Coordinator. She's a fabulous teacher, and a great example of motherhood to me. My children will be so blessed if I can be half the mother that she has been.
Ma has stood by me through some of the hardest times in my life, and wasn't afraid to tell me when I was making dumb choices. I am so lucky to have such a great mom.

Love you, Momma!
signature

1 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your mom is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails