Saturday, October 31, 2009

Foolish

Lately I've been a blanket making fool... with plenty more to come. I have several friends that are expecting babies in the next 9 months, so I've got plenty of little blankies to make. The first, though, is my sweet friend Kasi who has been trying to get pregnant for almost a decade. She is expecting little Ashton Allen in November. We threw a shower for her and this is the blanket I opted for.The quilt top

The finished project

I backed it in soft brown minky and put a sailboat in the middle to match the nautical-theme nursery.

My second blanket is actually for us. I bought this fabric around the start of football season and have been meaning to make a tie-edge blanket for awhile. Today I finally laid down the fabric, cut, and tied the edges. The whole project took me about 2 hours, but I think it turned out great. Plus it'll keep us warm at the games until the end of the season!

The front

Back in Black. (Ha! I'm funny!)

More projects to come!



1 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Nice! i like those! I would love it if you showed me how to make the top one since I can't find anything I like for my baby girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails