Sunday, October 25, 2009

Stolen Ideas

So, I'm stealing the following idea from my friend Tara. She recently did a blog series on some of her favorite people. I decided that I'm going to borrow her questions and do the same. So, without further ado I bring you my favorite person #1: My bff, Ally.

The wonderful Mrs. Allyson Lundberg Bracken and I have been friends for a long time. We met in the 7th grade (chapstick soccer, anyone?) but didn't really get close until our sophomore year of high school. We've been together through thick and thin, and seen lots of good and bad times together. From living 300 miles away, to weddings 6 weeks apart, we've seen it all. Not only is she amazingly smart and dedicated, she's wonderfully talented as well. She plays the guitar and sings in a band, she loves craft hour, and she is a decorator extraordinaire. And now, a little about Ally from the woman herself.(All comments in a different color have been inserted by me at my late-night-influenced discretion)

Where are you from?
Murray, Utah (Heck yeah! Represent!)


What do you do for a living?
I’m a process engineer for Kimberly-Clark.

What is your favorite comfort food?
Mashed potatoes! It makes my day when I walk into the cafeteria at work and see they made mashed potatoes. (Amen.)


What color is your bedspread?
Right now it’s a dark orange but soon to be white with green, orange and blue stripes on it. I can’t wait to redo the bedroom while Shad’s out of town in a few weeks. Don’t tell him – it’s a secret! (It sounds delightful. I just hope Shad doesn't read my blog...)


What book/movie has had a major impact on you?
The Pastures of Heaven by Steinbeck. It’s not only one of my favorites but it’s how I knew my husband was the one. I brought it up on our first date for some reason and not only had he read it, but he loved it and we had an amazing conversation about it.


What is your favorite word?
Ideal. I blame Ashlee. I even have Shad saying it now.


What is your best color?
I love the color Lime green but it doesn’t do much for me to wear. I’d have to say light blue or red.


What is your favorite restaurant?
Faustina in SLC. Do you think if I beg the owners, they’ll open one in Ogden? (It's possible, just don't offend the waitress by calling the baked cheese fried. She doesn't like that.)


What is one material possession you couldn't live without?
My Iphone. I seriously don’t know how I did anything without it before. So many random questions answered, to do lists organized, email anywhere, all my favorite pictures, movies and music.


Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
I’m going to say Josie from Josie and the Pussycats. (Meow)


Why do you think I like you so much?
Because we’ve always been there for each other regardless of the ridiculous situations we’ve gotten in. We help each other laugh through problems and even though we don’t see each other often, when we do, it’s like we just saw each other the day before. (True. We should make more of an effort to get together, however.)


What is the best compliment you could receive?
When someone tells me I made their day – got them to laugh or smile or something like that.


What is your favorite memory we have shared?
I don’t have a favorite. All the time we spent together is my favorite. Reading magazines, riding in Blanche, going to shows, laughing all the time, speaking without words, visiting you in the George, hating Las Vegas but always going, Butch!, awful New Years (Too many to count, really), harmonizing in the car, hating ----- (was that too true?)(Just a little, I edited out her name to protect how others see us. Selfish? Yes. But it's my blog, so I get to decide that.), our World History project (The 80's, when the mullett was created.), watching each other have goals and dreams and then attaining them. I’m going to start tearing up so I’m going to stop but I love you! (Don't worry, I teared up too.)


What 3 words would best describe you?
Quirky, energetic and sarcastic


Seriously, does anyone doubt why we've stayed friends so long? She is my soul-sister, no question.

2 comments:

Talina said...

Aw, chapstick soccer. Can any other activity build friendships as enduring? I loved that game.

WonderKitty said...

Totally miss Ally. I think I have seen her like 3 times since graduation, and at least 2 of them have been with you! Hopefully she will move back down here eventually.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails