Thursday, May 10, 2012

Animal-ish

#15- Which animal best describes you, and why.

I've struggled with this post for over a week now (as you can see from all of the other stuff I've been posting). But I think I've finally settled on one.

It's no secret that there is one animal I feel I relate to more than any other.  Maybe it's a height thing.  Maybe it's a sheer awkwardness thing. Either way, I feel a special kinship with giraffes.  So much so, in fact, that I wish THIS were a real website. However, that is beside the point.  The point is that I love giraffes. A lot.

Anyway, here are a few interesting facts about giraffes to help you love them as much as I do:

~Ancient Greeks and Romans believed that giraffes were a love-child of camels and leopards.
~Giraffes can sleep and give birth standing up.  In fact, they only sleep about 2 hours a day.
~They can run 37 miles per hour.
~Not only do giraffes possess the record for the longest neck, they also possess very long tails... up to 8 feet long!
~Two of the nine species of giraffes are currently considered endangered.
~Giraffes don't have vocal cords.  They communicate by throwing their heads back and emitting puffs of air.

And now some pictures:

A cute mom and baby

I love them for their awkwardness

Aw, they're kissing!

Seriously, though, you thought of me when you saw this... don't lie.
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails