Friday, May 11, 2012

Accomplished

#16- What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

My definition of accomplishment has changed in the last year or so.  Some days my greatest accomplishment is taking a shower and getting dressed. Some days it goes as far as completing a sewing project.  But as for my top five of all time?  Here we go:

1. This face right here:
That sweet little slice of toddler heaven is my number one accomplishment.  Not only did I grow this child inside me for the better part of a year, I get to spend everyday watching him learn and grow. He may still be a work in progress, but he is still my #1.

2. My marriage.  It took me 4 months to convince Greasemonkey that he even wanted to date me, but once I had him hooked things just fell into place.
Once again, it is still a work in progress... every day of my life it's a work in progress. But finding the perfect man for me, and growing closer together every single day is the second great accomplishment of my life.

3. My career. I worked dang hard to end up where I have in my profession.  It took me 4 years of college to get my associates degree (lame, I know), and then the passing of nursing boards, but all of that just makes me appreciate it more. Because of my chosen line of work I get the opportunity to help people and change lives every. single. day. I am nurse, hear me roar.

4. Life long friendships.
I have known all of the amazing women in this picture for 15 years.  15 years!!! That's longer than we'd been alive when we met. These women are my life long friends.  Together we have seen junior high, high school, college, marriage, and children.  We may not see each other often, but when we do, it's like no time has passed between visits.  

5. Day to day life.  Sometimes, just making it through a day and collapsing into bed in one piece is the greatest accomplishment of all. 'Nough said...
signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails