Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's poker, not poke her.

So, we had a pretty uneventful weekend, but still pretty fun filled. Saturday night was our ward party consisting of a chili cook-off and quick wits. I must say, my chili was delightful even if it didn't win the $1 grand prize. Pretty much anyone who knows me knows that I am anti-tomato, so I decided to find a recipe for a spicy, tomato-less, crockpot chili (no, I am not demanding!). After searching what felt like every grocery store in the city for a dried habanero pepper (and not being able to find one), I settle for a different kind. I don't know what it was, but my chili still had some bite to it. This was the first ward party we'd attended with our ward, even though we've been in the ward almost 9 months, and I must say that it was a blast. Way to go Heidi and Marcus for putting together a fun Saturday night for us.
The next day at church I spent the morning wrangling sunbeams into singing. We've only got one more primary session to practice before they sing in Sacrament meeting for Mother's Day, and they are nowhere near ready. I think the teachers may be helping out with our performance. Anyone have any good ideas on how I can keep them entertained but still ingrain into their little brains the songs for the program?
On Sunday night we successfully climbed out of the newlywed abyss by accepting an invitation to Sunday night poker night (I know, seems wrong somehow) at the Wings. It was a good time. The boys played poker while the girls sat around and ate leftover candy and chatted. It feels good to have some friends in our ward that are in similar life situations to us. Too bad they're all buying houses and moving away, hopefully we can keep Sunday nights alive even after they scatter.
Our ceiling is coming along nicely. They've got the tape, mud, and texture done. They were supposed to paint this afternoon, we'll see what it looks like when I get home. I'll be pretty excited to have this particular apartment adventure over with. Hopefully with the new roof we won't have to worry about any more cave ins.
Well, I think that's all I have to update on for now. I hope everyone is enjoying the warm sunniness while it lasts!

1 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I love hanging out with friends! I am glad you made it to a ward function finally! I love our ward.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails