Monday, April 13, 2009

Let the Games Begin!

So, Mac and I have a tradition of going on one field trip a week during the summer months when he's out of school. This works out well for both of us cause it gets me out of the house in the daytime, and it gives my mom a chance to get things done without him underfoot.

Anyway, today was our first field trip of the season, he's off for spring break. We decided to go to the Clark Planetarium and see the Imax 3d movie that Jim Carrey narrates. It was really cool. I enjoyed the movie, and I always enjoy a trip to Gateway.

Anyway, Mac and I were trying to decide what we want to do this summer on our weekly field trips. So, once again, I'm turning my blog over to you...

Where would you suggest we go? What cool places have you found in the city that are worth checking out? What things in Salt Lake do you think every person needs to visit or see at least once?

Help a sister out!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I've wanted to check out the living planet aquarium out in Sandy for a long time. I can't recommend it because I haven't been there, but if you go, then maybe you can tell me whether I should or not. :)

Greg D said...

Color Me Mine. Can be pricey, but SO MUCH FUN!
There's a llamafest down at the Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork sometime in July.

Michelle said...

I've always wanted to go to the living planet aquarium out in Sandy. I can't recommend it, since I've never been there. But if you decide to go let me know if it's someplace I want to go.

minisuperbias said...

These are my summer favs:
Downtown Farmers Market
Salt Lake library
Lavender Days festival
Living Traditions festival
Porter Rockwell trail in Draper
Wheeler Farm
Payson Highland games

I'm sure you've done some of these. Some aren't in SL, but definitely worth the drive!

Tara said...

I'm doing this with my nephew this summer--though he's QUITE a bit younger than Mac. On our list so far?
Hogle Zoo, Living Planet Aquarium, Liberty Park.

Maybe you could hike Ensign Peak? Mt. Olivette Cemetery? Just some ideas!

WonderKitty said...

I really enjoyed the aquarium in Cali, and I here it is just as good here. I definite must see. I know you enjoy hikes, so you could do Donut Falls, or Bridal Veil Falls. The Alpine Slide. Thrift Store Makeovers on each other (pictures included). Let us know what you do!

Michelle said...

Also, This is the Place Heritage Park is amazing. Definitely a place to check out, if you haven't already been.

Annette said...

There's a place called Gilgal Gardens around the corner from Trolley Square. If I remember it right it has stone carvings from someone who worked on the SL temple- a lot of them have to do with the scriptures. No entrance fee.

Another idea is to go to a rec center and try something new. Challenge him to a race up a climbing wall.

Tara said...

I'm posting again, but last night I drove by Hill A.F. Base and thought the museum up there might be a fun place to visit too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails