Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Letter, 2008

Dear Friends, Family, and Blog Followers,


As I sit here very early on the morning of Christmas Eve, I am filled with the need to put some thoughts down. 2008 has brought more change for my family and me than I ever could have imagined.

January found me living the life of a single career woman, and loving it. I had a job that I loved, good friends to keep me company, and a cute condo with Mr. B. I was content with where I was and not really looking for more.

Then February hit me like a ton of bricks and changed my life forever. After recieving my endowment in the Salt Lake Temple, I had several amazing experiences leading up to me dating the man who had become my best friend.

Even though we'd just begun our relationship in February, we decided in March that we were meant to be together forever.

With April showers came an engagment and plans for a summer (even though I'd always wanted fall) wedding.

May through July were spent fervently planning a wedding, house/apartment hunting, getting ready to share my life with someone else, and making decisions that I thought I'd never have to make... all while trying to have some fun and throwing in a few trips to exotic places like Panguitch and Logan.

August brought me the most life-changing day of all. On August 5th I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Salt Lake temple with the love of my life and be sealed for time and all eternity. We took a fantastic honeymoon in Zion, and rounded it up with an okay trip to Vegas. Then it was back to the daily grind for awhile. Also, this was the month that Maddie moved home. I'm so glad she's back in Salt Lake and we've been able to spend some more time together.

September was another month of growth, just not for me. I had the awesome opportunity to watch Zach prepare for his mission. It was also the month of my best friend, Ally's, wedding. What a great thing it was to see her sealed to her companion for time and all eternity also.

October dawned with more mission plans than ever. On October 15th we took a trip to P-town to drop Zach off at the MTC. It was one of the hardest things we've ever done as a family, but also such a blessing.

With November we started sending and receiving regular mail from Hawaii, and we all loved to hear about Zach's mission adventures. Steve and I were still doing great, and trying out one of the new-found hardships of marriage: which family do we spend the holidays with? Ok, so I did more stressing about it than he did, but it was still a bit of a challenge working it all around my Holiday work schedule.

December has been a blast so far. I've enjoyed watching Steve become more a part of my own family through sharing some of our family Christmas traditions, and the bonding ties of college football. Unfortunately, it's my year to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at work, but we'll work around that and still have a great time celebrating with friends and family.

I'd just like to take a moment and let all of you know how grateful I am for your love and support throughout the past 12 months. They have been fun-filled, emotional, adventure-packed, and crazy... but I wouldn't trade them for any other year in all of time. I have grown so much, and it's because of the support and coaxing of those around me. I learn something new about myself everyday, and I love it!

I am especially grateful for my testimony of the gospel. I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, and I know that he sent his son to atone for my sins. I am so in awe of the wonders that he has created, all out of love for us, his children. I love this Christmas season so much and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to think of Jesus maybe a little more often than I normally would. I am grateful for the love that is shown among the people of this earth at this time of year. I am especially grateful for all of the blessings that Steve and I enjoy personally.

This year has been such a journey, and I look forward to all of the new, fun, scary, and exciting adventures that 2009 will bring to me and my little family.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Love,
Annie

3 comments:

WonderKitty said...

That was a great sum-up letter Annie. I am glad to know that I knew about all of it! I feel so included!

The Hatch Family said...

It was a wonderful year for all of us. Thanks for letting us be a part of your Big Adventure. Lucky for you there is so much more to come.

Hilary said...

Congrats on an amazing year! (See, I blog stalk you too!) :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails