Thursday, April 19, 2012

Strong as an Ox

#14- Describe 5 of your strengths.


I don't feel like a particularly strong person most of the time. On any given day I'm doing everything I can just to stay afloat, and not necessarily playing to my strengths.



1. I know how to take charge of a group of people.  The young men and young women in our ward are working on a special music number for Mother's Day, and yours truly has been put in charge of the whole affair. Well, this past Sunday, they all met together for the first time to practice.  It was MASS CHAOS!  So, I jumped up onto the piano bench (in my skirt, no less), told the kids that if they were going to act like 1st graders I would be happy to treat them like 1st graders, "1, 2, 3, eyes on me!", and quickly got them quieted down and organized into some semblance of a choir. The young women are used to me, but I'm sure the young men think I'm a complete psycho...

2. I know how to listen. It may not always seem like I'm listening, because often I have no idea how to respond or empathize with what you are going through, but I do know how to listen.  I'm absorbing everything you tell me and filing it away to use when needed.

3. I'm a fairly decent mom. If there's one lesson that I've been taught repeatedly by T-Bone, it's patience.  From his 8-days-late arrival into this world, to the mini-tantrums on a daily basis, he keeps me on my toes.  However, I know that even someone as young as my little man needs boundaries, and he gets them.  There are times that he'll try and push me and he'll come up against a brick wall.  At the same time, I know how to just sit still and cuddle him while we read a story. I still have a lot (like, everything) to learn about being a mom, but I like to think that I'm holding my own.

4. I'm a pretty good cook.  When I met and married Greasemonkey, he was an INCREDIBLY picky eater.  What I've learned in the past 4 years, though, is that he's not picky as much as he's inexperienced. So I've been working on expanding his food acceptance. I generally try to make at least one new recipe a week, and the generally goes in my crockpot.  Ironically enough, I'm a bit of a picky eater. I will try anything at least once, though.

5. I am fiercely loyal. Once you are part of my herd, I will protect you with everything I have. I take care of my own and will do everything in my power to make sure that they are happy, healthy, and living a good life.

What makes you strong?

signature

1 comments:

WonderKitty said...

People told me all the time that I was strong when I was going through my treatment. Truthfully, I didn't see it. I didn't know how else to be, so I just did what came naturally. Which was dealing with the situation and moving on. So I guess what makes me strong, is that when I am put in a situation, I adapt. I may complain for a little while, and I will sure as shootin' stress over every little aspect of it, but when it comes right down to it, I can always handle it.

I liked your strengths. Its always hardest to see those things in ourselves, and we don't always believe others when they tell us. But believe you me, you are strong.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails