Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In my shoes

#12- Describe a typical day in your life.

This is a hard one for me, because while my life follows a very distinct pattern, every day is just a little bit different. For example, Monday is my Saturday: I do laundry, clean the house, grocery shop, etc. On Tuesdays, I work most of the day. Thursdays and Saturdays I spend half the day asleep after working all night long. Sundays are choir practice, church, and dinner at my parents house.  So, since they're the only 2 that are anything alike, I'll describe the typical Wednesday/Friday.

I quit using an alarm clock after I had T-Bone. He is fairly predictable in his wake-up time.  I usually drag myself out of bed around 8 am when I hear him talking to himself in his crib.  We make our way into the kitchen for some breakfast, usually oatmeal for T-Bone and yogurt for me.

After breakfast we make our way downstairs to watch some Play With Me Sesame while we get dressed for our walk. We then spend an hour walking at either the mall or the parkway with our friends Amanda, Josh, and Jackson. Mama needs her exercise!  Sometime on Wednesdays we play on the playground for a few minutes.  On Fridays we go to my mom's school to do music time with the first graders.

Once we've had our fresh air, exercise, music, or playtime we'll head home and eat some lunch. T-Bone likes chicken nuggets, hot dogs, fruit, or cheese. I usually eat leftovers or a sandwich. After lunch we'll play with toys in the basement for awhile, or go kick the ball on the front lawn.

By this time, we're both ready for a nap, so I'll lay T-Bone down with his blankie and his Elmo, and turn on his Beatles/Queen lullaby mix.  I give him a kiss, and tell him to have a good nappy. Then I'll go lay down for a nap myself in preparation for working the night shift.

After my nap I get up and get dressed for work. I make sure my bag is packed with my kindle or a book, pack a lunch, and probably brush my hair.

I hang out with my boys for a few minutes, and then it's off to work for the next 12 hours.

Somewhere in the mix I check Facebook, read my email, play on Pinterest for awhile, and occasionally blog. Usually the internet is just sort of on in the background and steal moments while T-Bone is otherwise occupied.

And there you have it, a day in the life...



Related Posts with Thumbnails