Saturday, March 17, 2012

High Five

#5- What are the five things that make you the most happy right now?

1. The Sharkbaby- He is not, nor has he ever been, a cuddly and snuggly child. He prefers space, independence, and the ability to do his own thing at leisure. However, last week when I was having issues, he was more cuddly than he's been since he was a newborn. He would spend hours sitting in my lap reading stories to himself, watching Elmo, or just hanging out looking at pictures of himself on my laptop. He is able to sense my moods, often before I even realize how I'm feeling. He is a sweet boy that never ceases to make me laugh.

2. Sleep- Since I'm currently in the middle of a loooooong night shift floated to an unfamiliar floor, I would really like to be at home in bed. A solid, uninterrupted night of sleep hasn't happened in my house in probably 2 years (between having a 1 year old, and pregnancy-induced insomnia prior to that). So, bring on the Ambien, soft sheets, and cozy pj's. I'm ready to call it a night.

3. Watching those I love succeed- Curious George has been job-hunting. Today he received a call from a company he applied with (that we've been crossing our fingers for) to get paperwork for drug testing for an interview. My sister has spent the last 5 weeks learning about traditional Eastern medicine in Thailand. My brother has a 3.9 GPA and was on the starting line up for his Jr. High basketball team that won the championship game. My other brother is an EQP, a full time student, and works 30 hours a week. My baby learned 2 new signs today. All of these things make me very happy.

4. Getting in shape- I'm going to be at my goal weight by October. I'm eating right, I'm walking 3 days a week, and I'm going to start working with kettlebells this week. I can do it, and that knowledge makes me very happy.

5. The ability to change my hair- Anytime I experience something dramatic in my life I change my hair. I cut, I color, I style, I feel better. Monday afternoon... change is coming. Are you prepared?


signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails