Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fear

#2- List 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears. First off, let me say that I think pretty much all fears are legitimate. That is not to say, however, that all fears are rational... Anyway, 3 fears:

1. I am afraid I'm going to screw up my children. As a parent I hold a tremendous responsibility. I am in charge of shaping another human being's future, life, views, etc. The Sharkbaby is only 13 months old, but the things I teach him now are things he will carry with him through the rest of his life. I don't want my child to be a holy terror. I don't want him to be rude, or manner-less, or lazy, or shallow. I want him to experience everything this life has to offer, while still growing into a mature, responsible adult. The pressure is incredible.

2. I am afraid of hippopotamus' (hippopotami?). This came about from the time I was just a toddler. I had a recurring nightmare about being chased by a hippo. I've never felt the same way about them since.

3. I am afraid I am inadequate. This applies to almost every aspect of my life. So often I feel that I am falling short of what is expected of me (by others and myself). Am I a good enough wife? A good enough mother? A good enough friend? What about being a daughter, sister, nurse, Beehive advisor, pianist, cook, housekeeper, driver... The list is endless. There is so much pressure to succeed in every aspect of life that I can't help but fear that I just don't quite measure up.

signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails