Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Wait is Over!

Alright, the list is quickly dwindling... If you want to get a question in there's still time folks! (Please, I'm begging you, give me something to write about!)

Jillybean says:
"wow coming up with a question is hard so I will pick some topics.
The Utes, Nursing, living in Utah, first year of marriage, movies, books, favorite food, animals, vacation dreams...
just to name a few."

That's a good list. Let's get started, shall we?
~The Utes: Oh how I love my Utes. This is kind of funny, considering that growing up I wasn't ever a huge U fan, and I went to Dixie. You'd think if I were going to be loyal to a team it would be from a school I'd attended. However, Dixie is no longer the Rebels, which is how I knew them. Anyway, back to the Utes. I don't really follow basketball (I do know that they lost in the first round of March Madness, and I'm not too thrilled about it), but I LOVE Utah football. I love it that my extended family all buys tickets to the football games, and the fact that we have to sit on three separate rows because there are so many of us. I love the tailgate parties before hand, I love the fact that I look fabulous in red, and I love it that I can yell and scream to my heart's content and no one thinks I'm a fool for doing it. I actually even know some of the rules. Anyway, I am a die-hard Utes fan... no one really knows why.

~Nursing: For this post I'm just going to give you a reference link. It says it best...
Nursing 101

~Living in Utah: Really, I don't ever see myself living anywhere BUT Utah. I love it here. A big part of that is the fact that both Steve's and my family's are here. Even bigger, though, is that I've never really found a place I like as much. I think Salt Lake is a beautiful city, and I'm perfectly content to hang out in the suburbs. I like the Utah Bubble... what can I say?

~First Year of Marriage: Let me just sum this up by saying that it is so much different than I ever thought it would be. I'll elaborate more on this in my next blog post.

~Books/Movies: I'm combining these categories into one because all I'll say about movies for now is that I love them. Especially Disney. As far as books, I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on. Lately I've been big into young adult fiction, reading mostly series. I really like the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Fablehaven, Serpent Tide, The Alchemyst and Ranger's Apprentice series'. I also love Janet Evanovich and her Stephanie Plum novels, I'm anxiously awaiting the release of #15. One of my new favorite authors is Sarah Addison Allen. She currently has two books out: Garden Spells (which I just read for the 4th time in 6 months), and The Sugar Queen her third book should be released sometime this year. A friend at work and I are also currently reading one classic novel a month. If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know, I'll email you the list.

~Favorite Food: My favorite food is, without a doubt, potatoes. I know, this probably seems strange. In all reality, though, they're pretty versatile. You can mash them, bake them, fry them, turn them into hash browns, all kinds of things... plus they have such a mild flavor that you can serve them with just about anything.

~Animals: Well, we all already know that I want a dog. Bad. But my favorite animal is probably the giraffe. I feel a special kinship with anything that is extra tall and kind of awkward. In fact, if I were a wizard in a Harry Potter book, my patronus would be the giraffe.

~Vacation Dreams: As far as vacation dreams go, I'd like to see as many places in this world as possible. As it stands, I've been to France, Canada, Tijuana, and about 20 of the United States. Sign me up to see every country in the world, though!

So, there you have it... more than you probably wanted to know at this point. Stay tuned for what is currently the final installment of "Ask Me Anything"!

2 comments:

WonderKitty said...

I also love Janet Evanovich and cant wait for #15! I just finished Plumb Spooky, the newest in the Between the Numbers books. Pretty good. I am just about to start the Percy Jackson series, I have only heard great things about it so I am excited.

jill said...

So i need to join your 1 classic a month club cause it will get me to actually do it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails