Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Plea


I'm bored. Like, really bored.

Monday was my birthday, so I stayed fairly busy. Curious George and I spent some time shopping for some frames for The Aquarium. Then we had dinner, movie night, and cake with some cousins.

Yesterday I spent the day running errands. I did some shopping. I put up the vinyl on Sharky's wall. I planned my menu for the week and went to the grocery store. I cleaned out the freezer, for crying out loud! (Usually I spend the bulk of my Tuesday at work, for those who don't know)

Then today rolled around. What was on the agenda for today? Laundry. Yep, that's it. Just laundry. Now, I'm sure many of you (with much larger families than my own) could spend a whole day just doing laundry. Not so for me. I have our laundry done in about 4-5 loads. Ok, so this does take a little time because I sometimes have to run clothes through the dryer twice, but still not enough to fill a whole dang day.

I've already watched more tv than I ever have in my life. I've finished my book. I've read approximately 387,000 blogs. I've logged more hours on facebook than any one person should.

So, blogging universe, I come to you for answers. Please, give me some ideas of something to do. I'm begging you!
signature

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Nap! And take bubble baths! I know that probably doesn't appeal too much, it's just what I would do without kids for a day or two :-)

Natalie said...

Nap. Write down your favorite things to do when you have down time and you're not sick of it, because in like a week or two, you won't have any at all and won't be able to remember what it was like. Nap. Eat whatever you want. Nap. Go to the store, alone - cause you won't get to do that again for a while either. Nap. Read another book. Nap. Watch your favorite movies, uninterrupted. Nap. Enjoy the last few minutes before you're completely responsible for every single need of another human being. And then take another nap. :)

Good luck!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

ENJOY BEING BORED!!! I know it stinks to wait but you will look back on this time and be glad you had it to rest. go get a prenatal massage! I went and got one when I was due with both of my kids and they are amazing! Good luck!

Hilary said...

Oh, and in response to what you said on my blog -- the full moon and the barometric pressure can only help your situation :-) Annie was born the day after a big May storm, and the maternity ward was beyond capacity! :-)

Kasi French said...

Now ... just have that baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails