Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Work Bestie

Ok, so I think it's time for another installment of my favorite people. This blog post will be dedicated to and all about my work best friend, the lovely Jill Whitney.

Jill and I met when she began working on the rehab unit with me as an LPN. She was a great nurse then and she's still a great nurse now as an RN. Anyway, Jill and I found that we had many things in common and that we were pretty well matched as friends. It really started with our shared love of all things Harry Potter, Fablehaven, and Twilight and pretty much grew from there. We even started spending time together outside of work, which is essentially unheard of for me. I generally like to keep my social and professional lives separate. Anyway, Jill's answers to the questions:


Where are you from?
Murray
Utah (David Archuleta town, stacks for life, and if it’s good enough for Murray-it’s good enough for me) (Represent!)


What do you do for a living?

I am a nurse and a majority of the time I absolutely love it.


What is your favorite comfort food?
I love pizza-specifically Papa Murphy’s cowboy pizza, almost all icecreams, and I also love me a pork salad from cafĂ© rio with the cilantro/lime vinegarette dressing. Any of these are a guarantee to make me happy. (Maybe we're friends because we like all the same food, eh?)

What color is your bedspread?
Aggie blue (navy blue) my favorite color of all time. (And might I interject that she has High School Musical sheets? Awesome.)


What book/movie has had a major impact on you?
Book is probably the whole Harry Potter series; Movie is Freedom Writers…this movie came out when I was getting my Sociology degree and just reaffirmed to me why I needed to take a break from nursing and become a sociologist first. (That book... and Kids Who Kill, right? Right?) And for fun the Play that has had a major impact on me is Rent, by Jonathan Larsen. This play seriously changed my life when I was in 8
th grade and it had first come out.


What is your favorite word?

Bueller. As in Ferris Bueller.


What is your best color?
People say magenta, coral, and teal are my best looking colors. I love these colors and own a lot of clothes this color, but I wear mostly navy blue. (Except your scrubs...)


What is your favorite restaurant?
The Pie pizzeria, and this little ghetto Mexican place in
Bakersfield California. (Mmmm, ghetto Mexican food!)


What is one material possession you couldn't live without?
My Fiskar’s paper cutter. (Which reminds me. We still need to do a quilt/scrapbook skills swap.)


Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?

Comic Book Guy on the Simpsons…just kidding, but he is my favorite. I probably look the most like one of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty. (Flora, Fauna, or Merryweather? Ok, I just scared myself that I knew that.)

Why do you think I like you so much?
Because we are both extremely funny people…right? (Right)


What is the best compliment you could receive?
I like just knowing that I am needed and appreciated for it. (I appreciate you helping throw a baby shower that we weren't planning on throwing. And for assisting in the food costs.)


What is your favorite memory we have shared?
We have had a lot of good game nights with lots of laughter. (Why do they call it skip-bo?)


What 3 words would best describe you?
“loyal”, “random”, “creative”


So I'm sure you can all see why I adore this girl. She's just like me. Only nice. If you've never met her you should stop by the hospital some night and play a round of skip-bo with us. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

jill said...

only nice? lol. thanks annicka, sending much love your way and I am going to google why it's called skip bo. :)

WonderKitty said...

I will be in the hospital early morning monday and tuesday...will you guys still be there?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails