Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I think it's time for a little good news/bad news update:

The good news is: I've applied for multiple jobs and I've heard back from several.
The bad news is: They're telling me they've filled the position.

The good news is: I have a steady, good paying job, no matter what the economy.
The bad news is: I'm burned out with my floor.

The good news is: Our Utah football tickets and my trip to New York are already paid for.
The bad news is: We won't be having any more "extra" things like these for awhile.

The good news is: Steve's car is paid for.
The bad news is: Mine isn't.

The good news is: I know we can make it on just my income.
The bad news is: Because we've had to do it before.

The good news is: Steve went on a job interview yesterday.
The bad news is: He was laid off, again, from South Valley this morning.

The good news is: Now he'll be forced to find something new instead of stagnating.
The bad news is: I have to be the one to push him to do that.

The good news is: We've got great friend and family support.
The bad news is: Well, there really isn't any bad side to this.

Thank you all for your continued love and support through our trials. Please keep us in your prayers as we, yet again, explore the world of unemployment.

6 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Oh man that is so rough. This is such a scary economy. Reid is seriously nervous every day that he will get fired from his job. Tell Steve good luck, and I can't believe they filled all those positions!

Who knew it could be so hard to find a job in nursing!

Annette said...

I heard about a great job search site www.indeed.com .I don't know how broad it searches, but it might show possibilities for either of you. If I hear of anything else I'll pass it along. Good luck to you both.

minisuperbias said...

Being poor the first couple years of marriage is like a right of passage, isn't it? I guess that's not really consoling, but someday soon it'll turn around!

Kristen and Garrett Halligan said...

Dang, that's so hard! I hope everything works out for you guys! These kinds of things really make you realize your blessings though, don't they? Glad you can survive off of your income! Hey and you can collect unemployment for him too so you will be fine!

WonderKitty said...

I am so sorry to hear about Steve. I totally know what it is like to live off one income. I hope he can find something he likes soon!

Andrew said...

Love you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails