Friday, September 11, 2009

Change is in the Air

Change is in the air... in a big kind of way. So, there's a bit of a problem with job burn-out going on in our house right now. Steve and I have both hit the point where we've just sort of had it with our jobs. Consequently, the job hunt has been on for both of us.

I've put in applications for 5 different jobs within IHC. I've already heard back "no" on 2 of them, which I expected but figured it wouldn't hurt to get my name out there. I got a call to interview for one but haven't heard back yet on setting a date for the interview. I'm still waiting to hear on two more. They're all day jobs, in either an OR setting or a clinic setting. I'm excited for a change and ready to explore more avenues in my career.

As for Steve, things are getting scary at South Valley again. The shop has been so slow that I'm afraid come winter there are going to be more layoffs. We can't go through that again, so I've been encouraging him to start looking and interviewing for other options now. He went on an interview this morning at A to Z Produce. We're a little iffy on whether that's the right job for him or not, but it seems like a good option. He'd start out making less than where he's at now, but they give raises often. The hours are a little screwy ( 2 am to 10 am, 5 days a week), but they might work out well if he decides to go back to school. We'll see what happens.

As far as other changes, there's a possibility that we'll be moving around the start of the new year. A good friend of mine at work may be moving overseas for two years and asked us if we'd rent their house while they're gone. It'd be for two years, and we'd be in a house twice the size of our apartment for the same amount of money. It made me feel good that she'd trust us with caring for her home. She'll know in October whether or not they're going for sure, so I'll keep you posted.

Other than that, life is pretty much the same. I'm excited for fall, and I hope our summer doesn't extend too far into it. I hope everyone else is doing well.

1 comments:

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

wow!
I feel ya with the stagnant job thing. Reid and I are just trying to hang in there until next fall because we will prob be moving for law school. You'll have to let me know about the jobs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails