Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Raindrops on Roses

It's been awhile since I've blogged, but other than a nasty bout of probably bronchitis, there's not much going on here.  We're all muddling our way through the Terrible Two's, sleep training (yet again), and a wicked cold springtime.

Anyway, it's been an even longer while since I've shared a few of my favorite things.  This is by no means a comprehensive list, because there are a lot of things I like, but it does scratch the surface a bit.



First up is coconut oil.  Seriously, this is possibly the best thing I've ever found. Ever.  I use it for cooking. I use it for making my own beauty products. I use it for my hair. I use it for cleaning.  I even used it to condition the wood on my antique dining room table. This stuff is incredible.












Anyone who knows me knows that I don't particularly like scary movies/books/stories, and yet I couldn't put either of these down. These are modern day ghost stories set in the Great Lakes region. Not only were they ghost stories, but I loved the mystery aspect of it all.  Very creepy, very Gothic, and totally addicting.  Seriously, I stayed up late into the night multiple times in an attempt to finish them. 

Okay, time to get down and dirty, nitty gritty, and totally honest. I almost never wear makeup. Usually it's just to church on Sundays, unless there's some other sort of special occasion happening.  I just can't really be bothered to take the extra time to put makeup on.  Yeah, I'm lazy. I'm over it.  However, even though I rarely wear it, I LOVE it. Really, I do. I have a rather extensive collection of different brands, colors, types, etc. Until recently, I was never much of a lipstick wearer.  I had my red that came out on super special occasions. I had maybe one other berry-ish shade that I'd get out... sometimes. And then I discovered nude lipstick.  I'm in love. For whatever reason I love the look of a nude lip. My favorite is Sephora brand cream lipstick #3 Tenderness. I layer it over a nude lipliner and my lips look fantastic all day.  I still only wear it once a week but, dang, my lips look good!


With Baby Boy #2 (also affectionately known as Bean) due out late this summer, I have been on a frantic name search. I'm on the hunt for the perfect sib-set. It has to sound good with our last name. I'd love it if it had some sort of family meaning. My list of names I love grows longer everyday. Most of them, Greasemonkey doesn't agree with. Anyway, my new favorite website is Nameberry.  Incredible.  If you're trying to name a child (or even a pet) I highly recommend checking it out. Trust me on this one.

And there you have it. A small installment of a Few of my Favorite Things.

signature

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails