Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wrap it up

I have been a terrible blogger lately. I'm going to blame it on being out-of-control busy. Between working full time, going back to school, and being a mommy and a wife I haven't had a whole lot of spare time to speak of. So, in a last-ditch attempt to put off studying for my final next week, here are some things that have been on my mind:
Christmas is nearly upon us. Our house is all decorated, I'm in the middle of sending out cards, and I'm nearly done shopping. The sharkbaby LOVES the tree. He thinks it's about the coolest thing in the whole world. He also loves to say, "Ho ho ho" and "Merry Christmas." He loves listening to me practice the piano for upcoming Christmas concerts. I know he's too little to "get" Christmas this year, but I'm still excited.
Speaking of Sharkleton, he is growing up so fast! I can't believe I've been on this crazy, wild, awesome ride for almost a year. I don't want to discuss it too much because I want to have something to write about in his 11 month letter, but just know that he is turning into quite the little character.
I've been crafting up a storm. In the past week I've sewn probably 6 microwave rice bags (you know, the ones that you heat up). They're super fast and easy. I think I'll keep a bunch on hand to give away as gifts. I've also become hooked on Pinterest and I keep finding ideas for things I want to try. In fact, just today, I found some cute little owl bean bags. I think I'm going to make some for the boy's first birthday. Now if I could just drag myself away long enough to actually try my brilliant ideas.
I'm currently in the process of composing my 2012 goals. There are a lot of things I want to do, see, try, and learn in the coming year. My main goal is going to be getting organized, and I'm going to start by organizing my goals. I think I'll set up one big thing a month that I can check off my list.
There are a few things going on at work right now that I'm not terribly thrilled about. Okay, I'm actually downright angry. In fact, I'm still to angry to blog about it. Stay tuned for more on that.
As this Christmas season is upon us I am grateful for the opportunity to reflect on my personal relationship with Him whose birth we celebrate at this time of year. I feel that I have come to know my Savior in a way I never have before through the trials that I've faced. I have learned more in the past year about how my Heavenly Father truly cares for me than I have in the whole of my life combined. I am truly blessed with wonderful parents, siblings, extended family, and in-laws. I consider myself the luckiest girl in the world to be married to my best friend, and with him share the joy of parenthood. As this year comes to a close and we all begin the next chapter in our lives I pray that we may keep Christ, not only at the center of this Christmas season, but at the center of our lives year round.
May you all experience the beauty that this life has to offer.
XOXO

signature

2 comments:

jill said...

Yeah for sewing, Pinterest, Christmas, sharks, goals, and Jesus. Boo for work and nazis.

Talina said...

My big goal for 2012 is going to be something along the line of organization. Organizing my house, my time, my life, whatever. It all needs to be done :)
I can't believe Shark-baby is almost a year old! Wow, that flew!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails