Monday, July 27, 2009

Shhh...

So, my wonderful hubby turns 30 next month. For some reason, I've got this idea in my head to throw him a surprise birthday party. Crazy? Yes, I just might be. Luckily, he's a pretty easy guy to keep a secret from, mostly because he's got the memory span similar to that of a goldfish.

The problem is this: I'm running out of time. His birthday is on the 11th, which is a day I work. This means we're going to have to aim for either the weekend before or the weekend after. I'm probably going to go with the weekend after just to give myself more time.

I'm thinking I'll just keep it simple. Probably a barbecue, some friends, some music, and maybe some games. I'll probably have to borrow my parents house since, let's face it, our apartment is not exactly ideal for entertaining large groups of people. Oh, and the best part of the idea? I'm going to attempt to make him a motorcycle cake. We'll see how it goes.

Anyway, anyone want to come party with us?

7 comments:

Talina said...

David and I would LOVE to party with you! Let me know if you need any help/moral support in the weeks to come.

Ally said...

That sounds like fun! We have a wedding the 15th but would totally come after. Keep me posted and let me know if you need help.
PS - verification word for this post -trampho. Awesome.

Nik English said...

I miss Steve....

minisuperbias said...

i'll come play :D

Michelle said...

Yes I will come party with you! Yay parties!

WonderKitty said...

Nik and I are totally down. Except, I think that the weekend after his birthday is the 15th? And that is the same day as Nik's 10 year reunion. So let me know if I am wrong, cause we REALLY want to come!

Andrew said...

I so wish I could come and play with you guys but I'm moving back to Cedar that weekend. Wish Steve a Happy Birthday for me! Miss you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails