Friday, May 22, 2009

Update-a-licious

Things are still going well for us. Since I lost my internet access at work my blog life has slowed down a bit, but one of my nice coworkers is lending me hers for a few minutes (Thanks Carrie!). Our ceiling is finally finished. They cleaned the carpet and the couch on Monday, hallelujah that's done! However, when they cleaned the carpet they didn't bother to remove any of the black spots the workers tracked in over the 6-week course of fixing the ceiling. All I can say is, after everything we've been through here (and still planning on staying for probably another year) we'd better get our deposit back. Sometimes I get really antsy and start wishing we had a home of our own, and then I remember that anything that goes wrong with a home of your own, you get to fix. Including caved in ceilings. So we'll tough out apartment life awhile longer.

We got a chance to talk to Zach on Mother's day. That was really awesome. He sounds so great and like he's really found his niche in Hawaii. I'm sure he's a fantastic missionary. Just for kicks and giggles, however, is part of the conversation he and I had on the phone that afternoon.
Z: When I get home we'll totally have to come back here for a vacation as a family.
Me: Yeah, that sounds like fun but I don't know how well it'll work for Steve and me.
Z: Why is that?
Me: Well, we're planning on getting pregnant around the start of the year, so you could very well come home to a neice or nephew.
Z: Awesome! Here's what you should do... Just get pregnant in like February, that way we can do the 9 month countdown together!
Me: There will definitely be paper chains involved.

It was good times. My little bro is planning out my fertility-future. Shall we see how his plans hold up? Also on Mothers Day my l'il primary buds got to sing in sacrament meeting. I was incredibly worried about this. They practiced hard in Primary that day, and when the time came to go up to the stand I was surprised that even some of my Sunbeams that don't usually participate came up. Steve was sitting in the back row and he said he could barely hear the kids (I consider this quite an accomplishment since he doesn't hear me when I'm sitting next to him most of the time). All in all, it was quite a success. Now to get ready for Fathers Day...

I'm totally digging my new haircut. Part of me wishes it were a little shorter, but I still love it. It's so fast and easy. Curly hair is definitely my new best friend.

Well, I think that's about it for now. Hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather as much as I am!

2 comments:

jill said...

I like your haircut too. And your color inspired me to change mine :)

Hilary said...

I wanna see the short hair cut done curly here on the blog! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails