Thursday, October 16, 2008

One for the books

What a week this has been... and it's only Thursday night. Sunday was Zach's farewell, and it was a really great day. I won't go through everything here, but if you're interested in reading more about it you can check it out on my mom's blog here. Zach's talk was awesome, and we could all feel his readiness to serve.
On Monday night I was working my first shift of the week when I got a call that my grandma was in the ER downstairs. It turns out she'd tripped over the dog and broken her arm in 2 places. She was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for surgery on Tuesday morning. What was supposed to be about a 2 hour surgery ended up being about 4 when the surgeon got into her arm and discovered multiple bone fragments floating around. She now has a metal plate holding her humerus together and another holding her wrist together. She's still in the hospital and having a grand old time climbing out of bed, pulling out her I.V., and just causing general mayhem. It's true that nurses make the worst patients.
Wednesday morning was "D-Day" for Zach. We packed up the family, Kel included, and headed to P-town. We stopped for sandwiches at Sensuous Sandwich, I highly recommend it to anyone that's never had one, and then made our way to the MTC. There's also much more information on this in my mom's blog, but it was a good day to. We could all sense Zach's readiness to go and I think that made us more willing to let him go. His blessing he recieved when he was set apart was incredible, which I think helped ease our minds some. He was promised greatness and I know he'll live up to it.
Other than that it's been a pretty standard week, I've started making a few more baby blankets and I'll post pictures when they're done. If you're a mommy-to-be (whether for the first time or not) let me know and I'll be happy to do one for your little bundle of joy.
Also, just a small plug for Halloween... Steve and I are throwing a party and would love it if anyone who wants to could come. Costumes are encouraged.

1 comments:

WonderKitty said...

Wow, craziness! Nik and I will be at the party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails