Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween Craft-aholic

So, it's happened. I've caught the bug that's going around. No, not the nasty cold/flu bug that's going around. The Halloween craft bug.
I love, Love, LOVE Halloween. It's always been my favorite time of year and my favorite holiday. I remember years when I actually wore multiple costumes to different parties. I know, a little bit intense. Anyway, now that I'm (sort of) a grown up with a home of my own I've really fallen in love with decorating for Halloween. I've also become more than a little bit addicted to craft blogs. So, long story short: I have about a bazillion great craft ideas that I want to make for my house this year. It's a good thing I have multiple doors, too, because a few of them are wreaths.
I've already started a little bit of Halloween decorating, even though I usually wait until October 1st to get that going. It's just a baby step, though... I keep an apothecary jar on my kitchen table full of seasonal-type candies. Shopko had their different flavored candy corns on sale for $1 a pack, so I bought one of each and mixed them all up in the jar. At the rate I've been snacking on them, though, I'm not sure there will be any left come Halloween.
So, until I actually get going on these crafts I'm just going to tease a little bit with a shopping list of things I'm going to need for crafts:
~Glitter
~Black burlap
~Ribbon... lots and lots of ribbon!
~Black lace
~Twine
~Scrapbook paper, Halloween style
~Modpodge

Now, to figure out how to make my Halloween costume work... Any suggestions on where to find a Ms. Scarlet dress that'll fit my round pregnant body?
signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween!!!! U should post pics of ur stuff you create :) and I love the name Liam... for ur baby btw ;)

jill said...

i wish i was other crafty, but alas i can only paper craft and cook. oh well. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails